25 August 2010

Custom Record Store

Since we had added a jewelry store for me, we needed to add a building that my husband would frequent.  The inspiration for the record store came when we were looking at minifigures and realized that one of them looked very much like an independent record-store owner in our city.  

We ordered legs, a torso, and a ball cap so that the clothing reflected Dave's typical attire.


I designed the building using the bike shop from Lego City Corner as inspiration, but I added brackets so that I could attach tiles to the wall.


On one side, we included custom labels of t-shirts, as Dave's store has many music t-shirts for sale.


The album was made using a 2 x 2 round tile with a little bit of White Out in the centre.



On the other side, we included some albums on the wall, as well as in bins.  We made custom labels from the Lego album recreations we found in a Google search

No comments:

Post a Comment